The physical education curriculum for high school emphasizes physical fitness and aerobic conditioning. Lifetime sport skills are an integral part of the program with a wide variety of individual and team sport activities, including: weight training, presidential and physical fitness, softball, flag football, soccer and other lifetime activities.
• Students will understand how to improve their movement and motor skills.
• Students will understand developmentally appropriate movement and motor skills.
• Students will understand the benefits of regular physical activity.
• Students will understand how to create a personal fitness plan.
• Students will develop competency in movement and motor skills.
• Students will develop competency in combining movement and motor skills.
• Students will understand game tactics and demonstrate their use in game settings.
• Students will demonstrate appropriate social skills in a physical activity setting.
• Students will demonstrate appropriate skills in personal responsibility in a physical activity setting.
• Students will develop a healthy level of flexibility, muscular strength and endurance, body composition, and cardiorespiratory endurance.
• Students will participate regularly in physical activity.
• Students will apply the skills and knowledge learned in physical education to prepare for a lifetime of physical activity, health, and well-being
Scope and Sequence:
Unit 1: Tennis / Power Walking
Unit 2: Softball/ Touch Football
Unit 3: Soccer/ Step Aerobics
Unit 4: Basketball/ Floor Hockey
Unit 5: Aquatics/ Volleyball
Unit 6: Dodge ball/ Fitness Circuit
Unit 7: Inline Skating/ Dance